Latest Quotes
Loading...
Tuesday 17 December 2013

Romantic Love Story: Cold Ice



Some people have it lucky, they have a family, friends, partner
and a life that will continue on...
I wasn't one of those people, I was a orphan, abandoned on the
front step of an old rundown orphanage church in the middle of
nowhere, and to make matters worse, none of the children there liked me.

  There was only one person who even cared, but it was out of pity
  and because they are the type to look after people who don't fit
  in, he was the one I wanted to rely one anyway since I needed
  just one person... Just one, is that too much to ask for? And I
  don't even care if it is out of pity... But I will soon I will
  turn 18 just after Christmas and then I leave this place.


  "Claire! The head Nun is looking for you again!" I turned my
  head, looking over to the voice calling me, I was laying on one
  of the wooden church benches.


  "Tim..." I saw him looking over be behind the bench, his black
  hair dangled down slightly while looking down, he was as handsome
  as ever, unlike the ugly plain me... More thoughts, just great...


  "Claire!" A sudden shock hit my body, from that scary but
  familiar voice, causing me to roll off the bench to the floor. I
  felt a sharp pain in my arm that I landed on, on this tile floor,
  "Where are you?!" The voice only came angry, "Oh it's you Tim,
  have you seen that girl?"


  Tim looked down to him causing me to flinch, was he going to
  snitch on me to the Head Nun? "Yes I have..." I flinched, I
  looked back to him and over to where I heard her voice, "She ran
  to the kitchen, as soon as she heard you where calling for her."
  I continuously stared at him amazed, he never told her.


  "I see..." She sounded a bit suspicious, "Thank you, Tim." Soon I
  heard footsteps leading away from my location and without
  hesitation I instinctively sighed a breath of relief.


  I soon got of the cold tile floor and sat on the bend with Tim
  leaning on the back of the bench beside me, "What did she want?"
  His mouth was right by my ear, just the sound of his voice gave
  me relief.


  "She just wants to talk to me about my moving..." I didn't like
  the sound of it myself but it can't be helped.


  "..." He went quiet all of a sudden.


  "...Tim?" I turned my head to look at him and froze just seeing
  his face, he gripped his hands onto the bench with great strength
  since his fingers where turning pink. His face looked cold and
  angry, I have never seen him like that.


  "You are leaving, Claire?" He finally spoke but I don't know why
  but he sounded colder and distant, I didn't like this.


  I simply nodded my head at him, turning my head away, "Yes, I
  turn 18 soon, I'm leaving on the 29th..." I didn't want to look
  at him.


  "And it's Christmas Eve today..." He said with a cold and slow
  voice.


  "Yes, I leave in 5days..." I smiled, "Well you get to stay for
  another 6months before you have to leave, so don't worry about
  it..." He must be hating that this would happen to him as well on
  his 18th birthday.


  "Yeah, you are right..." I froze, he didn't sound to good and
  without and hesitation I turned my head, his eyes had gone cold,
  "I'll see you later then..." That was the last words he had said,
  I wanted to stop him to see what was wrong, but I'm only a
  useless person, I became more miserable more than ever and that
  was because it was Tim and he is different, which I what I
  wished.


  Later that day, I took a stroll around the outside of the church
  in the deep and heavy snow to clear my mind. I kept my head
  lowered while looking at my boots stooping into the white
  beautiful snow, it was snow pure.


  *SMASH*


  "Got her!" I paused in my steps, feeling a very cold and wet, hit
  to the back of my head and some familiar voices that I didn't
  want to hear, and then snickering was heard, "Claire's the
  target!"


  I turned my head, knowing I would regret it. I saw the other
  orphans a bit behind me with snowballs in their hands and smirks
  on their faces, they were a bit younger than me but for some
  reason they didn't like me at all, "Go away..." I didn't want to
  go through this today.


  "What?!" One of the boys didn't like me back talking, "Why don't
  you just die! We don't want you here!"


  It stung, I felt a swelling feeling in my eyes that seemed to be
  pulling further as if I was about to cry. I wasn't strong enough
  to put up with them, "Why...?" I asked, with my voice becoming
  weaker.


  "You are ugly, stupid and weak! You might be a orphan but doesn't
  mean you deserve to be happy!" He shouted back, sounding more
  angry.


  Why? Why? Why?! I wanted to know, was this my curse for the rest
  of my life? For no one to love me, is that why I was abandoned?


  "What are you doing to Claire?!" They flinched.


  "It's Liam! Run!" They noticed Liam running over and quickly left
  themselves.


  "Are you OK, Claire?" He instantly came to me, he bent his back a
  little to see my clearly, "Did they do anything to you?"


  They didn't have to, I should of known it would of turned like
  this, "I''m leaving..." I couldn't take this anymore.


  "...What?!" I'm not surprised about his reaction but least he
  doesn't have to put up with someone he doesn't want to.


  "Goodbye..." I began to walk the opposite direction of the
  orphanage.


  "W-Wait, Claire! Don't!" Tim grabbed my wrist and pulled me to
  him, "What's wrong with you all of a sudden?!" He didn't seem
  like himself all of a sudden, just like before.


  "No one will ever love me..." I didn't mean to say that, it just
  slipped out.


  "...You're wrong..." He replied back but he seemed a bit
  different, as if he was indicating something, "I..."


  "Go away!" I became angry, what would he know? Everyone loves
  him, everyone... The complete opposite of me...


  "No wait, Listen!" He wouldn't let go of my wrist, just looking
  at him made me think of things I wouldn't rather think about.


  "I hate you!" ...Wait... What did I just say?


  That moment slowly Liam let go of my wrist and lowered his head,
  a sharp pain suddenly shot me in the heard, was this guilt? Or
  something else?


  I couldn't take it, I lowered my head unable to do anything and
  ran, I ran as fast as I could in that deep snow and into the
  forest close my, "Claire!" I heard Liam's voice but it was
  becoming quieter and quieter, the more I ran.


  *Hah...Hah...*


  My breath was heavy, my body began to become warm while I slowed
  down when I reached the icy lake in the middle of the forest. My
  fingers and face where cold but the rest of my burned from the
  running, "I'm a idiot..." I uttered under my heavy breath.


  I turned my head to the lake and noticed the wooden board that
  was surrounded my the ice and walked over to it, when I stood
  there I recalled on what the boy said before about me dying, it
  echoed in my head.


  *Crack...*


  My eyes looked down to the cold ice cracking around the wooden
  board, showing the dark water, how deep it was, so was this a
  sign, it must me.


  Steadily, my feet began to walk to the end of the wooden board to
  the end of it, right in front of the frozen ice. I stretched my
  left foot out and dipped it slightly into the cold water, I cold
  feel the chill run through my body, "I guess I should just
  die..." I couldn't think straight, my body began to feel numb but
  my left foot sank more into the ice water.


  "No...!" Warm arms wrapped around my body, huh?


  I was pulled back with great strength and fell back on top of
  someone, away from the lake... Why did I suddenly feel warm?


  "Are you an idiot?!" Oh... That voice, I turned my head and
  noticed I was right.


  "Liam..." Why did the sight of him bring warmth to me? I noticed
  his heavy breathing from the running.


  "You are loved!" He shouted at me, making my ears ring a little.


  We both then stood up, once we did we looked at each other, "What
  do you mean?" He must be crazy, right? Me being loved?


  Liam's hand suddenly grabbed my chin, pulling me towards him.
  What is he doing? But some reason my heard began to beat faster,
  I wasn't tired, so why?


  "I love you..." I paused that moment, when our lips touched, the
  two cold lips touched together but it somehow felt very warm. Did
  I hear him right? We broke it up then, feeling as if we passed
  our warmth to each other, "Leave with me, Claire!"


  "You love me...?" Liam nodded his head to my question with a warm
  smile on his face.


  "Since the first time I saw you." He could say the most
  embarrassing things.


  I smiled... Liam froze seeing my smile but a warm water ran down
  my face, I guess I can cry now, "I'm happy..."


  Liam smiled back and with impulse running through my veins, I
  hugged him, standing in that cold, "That's all I ever wanted..."
  He then wrapped his arms around me as well.


  We stayed there for a while, unable to let go. But sadly we soon
  did, and while holding hands for the first time, we walked back
  to the orphanage after deciding to stay together... So this
  feeling was love all along? A present I always wanted... I hope
  this will last for the many years to come, even when I don't live
  here anymore.

source: www.booksie.com